The news of the mega merger of Advertising holding companies Omnicom and Publicis have raised a lot of eyebrows and even some hackles in the advertising world. While the repercussions of the formation of this Godzilla may take some time to appear, the ad world has made quite a few comments about it. Like everyone else this is all I was reading about the last couple of days.
- Publicis Omnicom Group – All the facts you need to know (Ad Age)
- What Sorrell, Jones , Nadal had to say (Ad Age) – The first reactions are cautious
- Adland Response (Ad Age) More cautious skepticism…
- “Merger of Equals” (Quartz) Or just a way to beat antitrust?
- Why the merger impacts tech business (GigaOM) The impact the media behemoth will have on silicon valley stars like Facebook. (ok maybe not stars)
- Omnicom, Publicis Merger reveal Big Data Influence on Ad Business (Entrepreneur) New media products may be challenging the Ad giants.
δ Image from AP. Maurice Levy, CEO Publicis and Omnicom group CEO John Wren.