In what was an unintended coincidence the pieces I was reading today all seemed be about a different reality behind a visible one.
The image I have used today is a picture of Delhi’s coronation park, a forgotten reminder of the days of the Raj in the history of India. Another picture where the story is hidden behind what is visible. This image is by _Adapter Plug _from the Flickr set : Coronation Park, Delhi
On to the links:
- How a great Google Workplace turned into a nightmare. From what I here, there may be similar issues in the India offices as well. It is also a possibility when any smaller business gets bought out by a larger business [Business Insider]
- Hiding Air Bases, Factories and Plants in WWII. With a view to protect themselves from air raids, whole neighborhoods went under camouflage tents. [Twisted Sifter]
- Austerity Lentils . With Greece in the midst of a financial crisis causing people to live in the worst hardship since WW2, the humble lentil is the basis for community.[Foreign Policy]
- Cowglyphics – Decoding Cow Brands. Who knew that the act of branding cattle could be a riddlers art? [Modern Farmer]
- In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers should be shot. Then he became one. An investigative report into the changes of attitude that created Edward Snowden. [Ars Technica]