In what was an unintended coincidence the pieces I was reading today all seemed be about a different reality behind a visible one.
The image I have used today is a picture of Delhi’s coronation park, a forgotten reminder of the days of the Raj in the history of India. Another picture where the story is hidden behind what is visible. This image is by Adapter Plug from the Flickr set : Coronation Park, Delhi
On to the links:
- How a great Google Workplace turned into a nightmare. From what I here, there may be similar issues in the India offices as well. It is also a possibility when any smaller business gets bought out by a larger business [Business Insider]
- Hiding Air Bases, Factories and Plants in WWII. With a view to protect themselves from air raids, whole neighborhoods went under camouflage tents. [Twisted Sifter]
- Austerity Lentils . With Greece in the midst of a financial crisis causing people to live in the worst hardship since WW2, the humble lentil is the basis for community.[Foreign Policy]
- Cowglyphics – Decoding Cow Brands. Who knew that the act of branding cattle could be a riddlers art? [Modern Farmer]
- In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers should be shot. Then he became one. An investigative report into the changes of attitude that created Edward Snowden. [Ars Technica]